A MILLION THANKS TO YOU ALL
1. Yesterday the 9th of August 2016 the Chief Magistrate of Magistrate Court 1 of Ibrahim Taiwo Road Kaduna ruled that the preliminary objection filed by my legal team against allegations of an attempt to incite hatred between class and people in Kaduna State and other parts of the country leveled against me at about 7:40pm of 29th January 2016 is credible. And granted my plea to throw out the case on points of law and jurisdiction.
2. The decision of the Chief Magistrate has once more proven beyond all reasonable doubt that, the judiciary is the last hope for the common man. I pray for God’s guidance, wisdom and courage while taking all their decisions.
3. Let me use this opportunity to thank Southern Kaduna lawyers who provided free legal services and worked so hard to see that I meet up with not-so-liberal bail conditions imposed on me by the court. A special appreciation to Barr. James Kanyip who continued with the case after initial appearances of the Southern Kaduna Team of Lawyers.
4. Permit me to also seize this moment to thank the entire body of Christ and the leaders of the sheep of the Lord for their prayers and encouragement. Their prayers broke the yoke, scattered the evil spirits of repression and suppression of the powers that be. Their spiritual intercessions insulated me from the claws of political carnivores like Daniel and his comrades the den of lions.
5. To my comrades in the struggle for the expansion of democratic space and advocacy for good governance, accept my gratitude. I urge all of you to visit your music libraries and play Robert Nesta Marley’s tracks “Redemption Song and War”. The struggle must go on because victory is sure.
6. A big thanks to Rahila Maishanu and other immediate family members for their support and understanding. The trouble was mine but they helped in carrying the cross down the road of tribulations and trials.
7. Let me depart by lifting some lines from the BATTLE HYMN OF THE REPUBLIC: “……as He died to make men holy, let us die to make men free…Glory Glory Hallelujah , Glory Glory Hallelujah, His truth is marching on”.
Dr. John Danfulani